Interior Community Health Center
Health Center & Dental Clinic located in Fairbanks, AK & Healy, AK
Help Getting Insurance
Our Certified Application Counselors are trained to help you understand and apply for health insurance coverage through the Marketplace. This service is available to all Interior Community Health Center patients and our community, free of charge.
Health insurance marketplace
Your ICHC Certified Application Counselor can walk you through the process of signing up for Marketplace coverage. You can sign up in November or December during open enrollment, or when you experience a life event that qualifies you for special enrollment.
Some common qualifying life events include:
- Getting married
- Having a baby or gaining a dependent
- Losing employer-sponsored health coverage
- Moving out of state, or out of current insurance coverage area
- Divorce or legal separation resulting in loss of health insurance
Our Certified Application Counselors can also help you apply for or better understand Medicaid (DenaliCare) and Denali KidCare (Children’s Health Insurance Program, or CHIP) programs. Alaska Medicaid and Denali KidCare provide free or low-cost health insurance coverage for Alaskan residents; including low-income individuals, pregnant women, and families with children. You may also be eligible for Medicaid if you have a disability.
You can apply at any time during the year for Medicaid and Denali KidCare.
- Apply for insurance coverage online at Healthcare.gov or by calling 1-800-318-2596.
- Medicaid Recipient Help Line 1-800-780-9972